Brett Smith: Fly Tier Extraordinaire


I can't wait to use these innovative peacock bass flies! I leave tomorrow for the Amazon and asked Brett Smith to put his considerable tying skills to work and make me a few Peacock bass flies. I just got them yesterday and wow, they are beautiful!

Brett and I have been working on tying some of my favorite baby tarpon and bonefish fly designs over the last few months. We've spent a lot of Saturday mornings lately drinking coffee and talking about bonefish and tarpon flies. We hope to have some rock solid designs available for Angling Destinations' clients this spring. We have been working on some of my designs and on some highly productive patterns that are not commercially available. He will also be tying custom orders for AD clients too. More on this soon!




I've know Brett for over 25 years. He is a big barrel of a man with a quick laugh and a wicked sense of humor. Brett was the first manager of my fly shop in Big Horn Mountain Sports. Brett is a superb fly fisherman and an even better fly tier being one of the most innovative fly tiers I know. 

We have produced some prototypes and now are working on refining our designs. I'll keep you up to date on our progress, but hope fully they will be available soon!