FISH XXII: Second Fishing Day


On this beautiful fall day, Chad Sukurs, Mark Ryberg and Mark Ponski joined Steve Peskoe and me to fish the Laramie River on the Hohnholz Ranch. Mark Ponski and Steve are two of the pioneers of our FISH adventures. In fact, Mark was wearing a Big Horn Mountain Sports hat that must be 18 or 19 years old. BHMS was the Outdoor store that I owned and operated in Sheridan, Wyoming for some 25 years! One of the early FISH trips explored small streams in our corner of Wyoming headquartering from the Wallop Ranch in Big Horn, Wyoming. Mark had bought the hat during that FISH trip. I was amazed to see it!

The hat!
I've been friends with Steve Peskoe for 20 some years. We have traveled all over the world together: Mongolia, the Seychelles, the Bahamas and the Amazon... we've dozen perhaps a dozen, float trips together in Alaska... we've done horseback trips together with our wives and kids... I don't even know how many adventures we have shared, so suffice it to say, I love to get a chance to fish together with Steve. But back to the fishing... the Hohnholz Ranch is quite a distance downstream from the Rawah Ranch. The river is bigger here and more open having collected water from a number of tributaries along the way.



     
Danny ties on a hopper with a bead head dropper.

Mark Ryberg and Danny goofing off after lunch... this is some skinny water!
If in shape, this stream could be incredible. I only hope we can get to see it in all it's glory. I'm sure it holds some BIG browns! Thanks for a great day guys!




18 inches of brown trout!